Following is a timeline of OOIFB activities.
Note -The main Operations and Maintenance Cooperative Agreement for the Ocean Observatories Initiative is being recompeted during 2017 and 2018. There will be a public announcement of the award in mid-2018 at a National Science Board meeting. The OOIFB will, like the public in general, have no knowledge of the recompete process until the public announcement. This process creates some uncertainty in what the OOI will look like in 2018. That, in turn, affects OOIFB activities as it awaits the announcement.
- May – Inaugural meeting of OOIFB at NSF
- June – Data Dissemination and Cyber Infrastructure ad hoc working group created.
- June – Translational Matrices refresh exercise started
- June 20 Information request sent to NSF
- August 31 – interim report from Data Dissemination and Cyber Infrastructure ad hoc working group
- September 25-27 – OOIFB meeting at NSF
- November 8-9, OOIFB representation (Kendra Daly) on Irminger Sea steering committee and attend workshop
- November 13 -15, OOIFB representation at Ocean Studies Board
- November 20, OOIFB and DDCI webex update and discussion
- December 29 – 30 OOIFB at UNOLS Council and Annual Meeting
- December – submit OOIFB annual report to NSF
Webex meetings will be scheduled approximately monthly as appropriate.
- January OOIFB Webex meeting – pre-town OSM Townhall update
- 11-16 February – OOIFB Townhall at Ocean Sciences 2018
- TBD meeting on data distribution and cyberinfrastructure
- May 2018, OOIFB Meeting at U. Washington and Applied Physics Laboratory
- Fall OOIFB Meeting