The information provided below is provided to all travelers who will be reimbursed by the OOIFB Administrative Support Office at the University of Rhode Island. Please read the literature below before preparing your travel arrangements. We encourage you to contact Karen Besson with any OOIFB travel-related questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 401-874-6825.
Before You Travel:
- If you haven’t traveled for URI in the past year, please complete a W9 form and ACH Direct Deposit form and email to email@example.com.
- Documents can be faxed confidentially to 401-874-6167.
- To expedite your claim, please complete these forms in advance of your trip.
- Original receipts are required for all expenses (including airfare, taxi, shuttles, gas, tolls, etc.) with the exception of meals which are covered by Federal Per Diem. Credit card receipts must show the last 4 digits of credit card, name, and cost paid.
- If you are missing a receipt, please complete a Missing Receipt Form and return it with your receipts. Credit card statements may also be accepted if a receipt cannot be obtained.
- After completing the Online Travel Reimbursement Form, email all online receipts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only Non-Online Receipts must be mailed through postal mail (example: taxi receipts, cash receipts)
Airfare & Baggage:
- URI will only reimburse for the price of coach fare.
- Airfare Receipts must show name of traveler, departure/arrival dates and last 4 digits of credit card charged. Airfare itineraries will not be accepted as receipts.
- If you book-end personal travel (or non-OOIFB travel) before or after OOIFB business travel dates, you are required to include an airfare quote (online printout accepted) of the airfare cost for only the OOIFB-related business dates of your trip. This printed quote must be done at the time of airfare booking to ensure dates are compliant with business travel dates.
- URI will reimburse baggage fee for one bag per flight only.
- All travel reimbursed by the OOIFB must adhere to URI Travel’s policy under the Fly America Act. Please see Section V.A of URI’s Travel Policy.
Rental Car and Gas Reimbursement:
- If you rented a vehicle for your travel, please complete a Rental Vehicle Justification Form and include it with your receipts to be mailed to Karen Besson.
- URI only reimburses for gas that the traveler purchases themselves, not the rental company gas option.
All forms referenced above can be downloaded at:
Please email ALL forms to: email@example.com. Do not email to any address located on the forms.
- If your travel is paid by your University funds, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on submitting your travel claim.
Submitting your Travel Reimbursement Claim:
Submit your claim information here:
After submitting this form, please email all online receipts to email@example.com. Please mail through postal mail all non-online receipts to the address below.
OOIFB Administrative Support Office – Box 32
University of Rhode Island, GSO
215 South Ferry Road
Narragansett, RI 02882
Upon receipt, your travel claim will be processed through the URI Travel Department.