The information provided below is provided to all travelers who will be reimbursed by the OOIFB Administrative Support Office at the University of Rhode Island. Please read the literature below before preparing your travel arrangements. We encourage you to contact Karen Besson with any OOIFB travel-related questions at email@example.com or 401-874-6825.
Before You Travel:
- If you haven’t traveled for URI before, please complete a W9 form and ACH Direct Deposit form and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To expedite your claim, please complete these forms in advance of your trip.
- Original receipts are required for all expenses (incl. airfare, taxi, shuttles, gas, tolls, etc…) with the exception of meals which are covered by Federal Per Diem. Credit Card receipts must show the last 4 digits of credit card, name and cost paid.
- If you are missing a receipt, please complete a Missing Receipt Form and return it with your receipts. Credit card statements may also be accepted if a receipt cannot be obtained.
- After completing the on-line Travel Reimbursement Form, send all receipts via postal mail to the address listed below. Please do not email receipts.
Airfare & Baggage:
- URI will only reimburse for the price of coach fare.
- Airfare itineraries will not be accepted as receipts.
- If you book-end personal travel (or non-OOIFB travel) before or after OOIFB business travel dates, you are required to include an airfare quote (online printout accepted) of the airfare cost for only the OOIFB-related business dates of your trip. This printed quote must be done at the time of airfare booking to ensure dates are compliant with business travel dates.
- URI will reimburse baggage fee for one bag per flight only.
Rental Car and Gas Reimbursement:
- If you rented a vehicle for your travel, please complete a Rental Vehicle Justification Form and include it with your receipts to be mailed to Karen Besson.
- URI only reimburses for gas that the traveler purchases themselves, not the rental company gas option.
All forms referenced above can be downloaded at:
Submitting your Travel Reimbursement Claim:
Submit your claim information using the on-line OOIFB Travel Reimbursement Form.
After submitting this form, please send all original receipts (with the exception of meals which are covered under Fed Per Diem) via postal mail to:
OOIFB Administrative Support Office – Box 32
University of Rhode Island, GSO
215 South Ferry Road
Narragansett, RI 02882
Upon receipt, your travel claim will be processed through the URI Travel Department.