Action: OOIFB-2023-01 (On-going) – Engaging the OOI Modeling Community – Brainstorm strategies for better engaging the modeling community that uses OOI data.
- January 30, 2023 – An OOIFB modeling subcommittee is formed and includes Kendra Daly, Chris Edwards, Ruoying He and John Wilkins.
- February 14, 2023 – A Modeling Group web conference is held to begin brainstorming. Various strategies are identified.
- March 30, 2023 – The Modeling Group provides an update to the OOIFB on their preliminary discussions.
Action: OOIFB-2023-02 (On-going) – Review and provide input to the 2023 OOI Annual Work Plan (AWP) for Program Year 6.
- April 25, 2023 – PY6 OOI AWP cost figures redacted were provided to the OOIFB for review.
- April 25, 2023 – The OOIFB discussed the review process, assignments, and timeline during their April web conference.
- May 10, 2023 – Initial AWP feedback and questions from the OOIFB are due.
- May 11, 2023 – Feedback from the DSC on the OOI AWP will be submitted to NSF.
Action: OOIFB-2023-03 (On-going) – Plan an OOIFB Town Hall session during the 2024 Ocean Sciences Meeting. The 2024 Ocean Sciences Meeting will be held in New Orleans on 18-23 February 2024.
- May 18, 2023 – OOIFB submitted an abstract to host a Town Hall meeting at the 2024 February Ocean Sciences Meeting.
Action: OOIFB-2023-04 (On-going) – Host a Community Workshop focused on the Pioneer Array at its new location in the Southern Mid-Atlantic Bight.
- Spring 2023 – OOIFB intends to begin planning for a 2024 Pioneer Array community workshop. An organizing committee will be formed in August 2023.