Action: DSC-2021-1 (complete) – The DSC will provide an annual report to the OOIFB. The report will provide a summary of DSC meetings, activities, and recommendations.
- A Google Doc was created. Activities and meetings from 2020 were listed. The committee discussed recommendations and future activities during their January and February 2021 web conferences.
- March 11, 2021 – The DSC Annual Report was submitted to the OOIFB who forwarded it to NSF.
Action: DSC-2021-2 (complete) – NSF requests feedback on the OOI Mid-Award Review External Panel report.
- February 17, 2021 – The OOIFB and DSC provide feedback to NSF on the report.
Action: DSC-2021-3 (in-progress) – The DSC will conduct a survey that focuses on the OOI Data Explorer tool. This is a follow-on survey to the 2019 community survey on OOI data delivery systems.
- March 24, 2021 – The DSC begins work on a community survey focused on OOI’s Data Explorer tool. This is a follow-up survey to the one conducted in 2019 on OOI data delivery systems. This is the focus of the monthly DSC web conferences.
- Tancy Vandecar-Burdin (ODU) and Wendi Wilson (ODU) provide support for drafting and implementing the survey.
- The survey opens to the community from December 9, 2021 to January 28, 2022.
- DSC begins evaluation of the survey data in mid February, 2022.
Action: DSC-2021-4 (complete) – NSF requests feedback from the the DSC on the OOI Annual Work Plan for Program Year 4.
- May 2021 – DSC members review and provide feedback to the OOIFB on the OOI Annual Work Plan for Program Year 4. The DSC feedback pertains to the data delivery and cyberinfrastructure sections of the AWP.
Action: DSC-2021-5 (complete) – DSC will seek applications to fill an open position on the committee.
- April 23 – May 30, 2021 – Applications are open to fill one position on the DSC. The Call for Applications is distributed via email and social media and posted on the OOIFB website.
- July 13, 2021 – Karen Bemis, Rutgers University, is appointed as a new member of the DSC.