Action: DDCI-2020-1 (Complete) – Review and comment on the OOI Program response to the DDCI Report recommendations submitted to NSF – In December 2019, the DDCI Committee submitted a report, Improving Ocean Observatories Data Delivery Systems and Procedures, with recommendations regarding OOI data delivery and cyberinfrastructure to NSF. NSF provided the DDCI report recommendations to OOI for consideration. The OOI program responded and NSF provided this response to the OOIFB and DDCI Committee on March 18, 2020. DDCI’s review of the OOI response and comments are requested by OOIFB and NSF.
- The response was discussed during the DDCI Committee web conference on 4/27.
- A Google Document was posted to collect committee feedback.
- The DDCI Committee provided their response to the OOIFB on July 2, 2020. In turn, the OOIFB submitted the DDCI Committee response document to NSF on July 8, 2020
Action OOIFB-2020-2 (Complete): Fill a membership vacancy for the remainder of a term on the DDCI Committee – A vacancy appointment for the remainder of a DDCI Committee term is needed. The appointment should be filled by June 2020.
- The term vacancy was discussed during the DDCI Committee’s monthly web conference in April.
- A call for applications was distributed and posted on May 26th and closed on June 24th.
- July 22, 2020 – Kristen Fogaren is appointed to a position on the DDCI Committee.
Action: DDCI-2020-3 (Complete) – Review and provide input to the 2020 OOI Annual Work Plan (AWP) – The draft AWP sections that pertain to data delivery and CI were provided to the Committee on May 4, 2020.
- AWP pages pertaining to data delivery and CI with cost figures redacted provided to DDCI Committee for review on May 4, 2020.
- Questions & Feedback regarding the AWP are requested by May 10th.
- Tim Crone reviewed the preliminary feedback during the OOIFB May 2020 meeting.
- June 2, 2020 – The DDCI Committee feedback is incorporated into the OOIFB final response. OOIFB provides feedback to NSF regarding the OOI 2.0 Annual Work Plan for Program Year 3.
Action: DDCI-2020-4 (Complete) – Recommend future directions/activities/tasks for the DDCI Committee – The DDCI Committee completed their report that evaluates OOI data delivery and procedures in 2019. Follow-on committee tasking and activities should be considered for 2020 and beyond. Suggested future directions should be sent to the OOIFB for consideration.
- The DDCI Committee compiled a list of future directions/activities as a Google document
- July & August 2020 – The DDCI Committee worked to prioritize the list of future directions.
- The DDCI Committee identified the high priority focus areas and shared them with the OOIFB and NSF on August 26, 2020. NSF will consider the input from the DDCI Committee and OOIFB as they prepare a new Task Statement for the Committee.
Action: DDCI-2020-5 (Complete)– Re-evaluate the name of the DDCI Committee – The DDCI Committee has been referred to in at least three ways: “Data Delivery and Cyber Infrastructure,” “Data Dissemination and Cyber Infrastructure,” and “Data Distribution and Cyber Infrastructure.” The DDCI Committee should consider the future role of the Committee and finalize a name that appropriately reflects the Committee’s planned activities. Suggestions will be sent to the OOIFB.
- The DDCI Committee compiled a list of potential names as a Google Doc.
- The DDCI Committee proposed the name, “OOI Data Systems Committee,” to the OOIFB and NSF during the OOIFB monthly web conference on August 26, 2020. NSF will consider the OOIFB/DDCI recommended name.
Action: DDCI-2020-6 – Finalize the Committee’s revised Terms of Reference that reflect it’s new directions and name – NSF provided the DDCI Committee with a draft Terms of Reference reflecting the future tasking on 10/26/2020. The Committee is tasked to finalize the ToR and provide it to the OOIFB for endorsement and inclusion in the OOIFB Charter as Annex I.
- The DDCI Committee discussed the revised ToR during their Fall 2020 meeting.
- The draft ToR has been placed in the Committee’s Google Drive so that they can collaborate to finalize the terms.