Action: OOIFB-2019-1 (Complete) – Review and provide input to the 2019 OOI Annual Work Plan (AWP) – NSF provided the draft AWP to OOIFB in April 2019. NSF requests OOIFB’s feedback by May 31, 2019. The final AWP is due in August.
- AWP with cost figures redacted provided to OOIFB for review on April 30, 2019.
- OOIFB questions regarding the AWP were sent to NSF requesting additional information and clarifications on May 14, 2019.
- OOI PMO provided responses to the questions at the OOIFB May 2019 meeting. OOIFB discussed their AWP response.
- OOIFB provided their feedback to the 2019 AWP for Program Year 2 to NSF on May 31, 2019.
Action OOIFB-2019-2: Future Annual Work Plan Feedback – OOIFB should provide feedback to NSF on useful format/content suggestions regarding the AWP for Program Year 3. Feedback should be submitted to NSF by December 31, 2019.
- Initial comments have been compiled and reviewed during July OOIFB Web Conference. This will be on the November agenda.
Action OOIFB-2019-3: Plan Town Hall session for 2019 Fall AGU Meeting (in progress) – An organizing team is needed. Suggested themes include:
- Community survey presentation
- OOI website – new
- 5-minute video on OOI
- Lightning talks
- Larry Atkinson submitted the abstract. AGU accepted the Town Hall and will provide the date and time in October.
Action OOIFB-2019-4: 2020 Ocean Sciences OOIFB Town Hall– OOIFB should submit an abstract request for a Town Hall at the 2020 Ocean Sciences. Requests for Town Hall sessions must be submitted by September 18, 2019.
Action OOIFB-2019-5: Form an OOIFB task force on science outreach/ engagement–
- Review the OOI community engagement plan
- Prepare a task statement
- Form the task force – should have early career representation
- Sarah Gille, Jim McDonnell, and Deb Kelley volunteered to draft at task statement for the working group. They held a web conference on August 14th to discuss the task statement.
- August 16 – questions and addition information request sent to NSF.