The Ocean Observatories Initiative (OOI) is hosting several workshops for early-career scientists (PhD candidates, postdocs and pre-tenure faculty up to 7 years post-PhD) interested in learning more about the OOI and how to use data from the program in their work.
- Learn about the overall OOI system design and the key science questions it addresses
- Explore ways to search for and download data available from the OOI
- Gain further experience processing and visualizing data in Python and/or Matlab
- Evaluate the quality of OOI datasets
- Write and submit a data validation report at the end of the workshop
Workshops will be held at Rutgers University. Travel support will be provided.
Physics: Ocean circulation, mixing, and ocean-atmosphere exchange. May 21-25, 2018.Biology: Ecosystem dynamics and biophysical interactions. June 18-22, 2018.Geology: Rock-fluid interactions and plate-scale geodynamics. July 16-20, 2018.Chemistry: Ocean biochemistry and the carbon cycle. July 30-August 3, 2018.Apply at http://oceanobservatories.org/
data-workshops/ by 11:59pm Eastern time on 15 March 2018.
Questions? Contact Max Kaplan (email@example.com)