To: Lightning Presenters
Thank you for offering to give a lightning presentation at the OOIFB Town Hall during the 2018 Ocean Sciences Meeting in Portland, OR. The Town Hall will take place on Tuesday, February 13th at 12:45 pm to 1:45 pm in the Convention Center Room F151.
Lightning-talk Presenters: At this point we want you all to see who the other presenters are so you can coordinate your presentations if needed. Feel free to suggest changes to the order (but please let us know in advance so that we can plan accordingly).
The presenters are (in order of presentation):
- Bill Chadwick, OSU, Axial
- Aaron Marburg, UW/APL, Axial
- William Wilcock, UW, Axial
- Wu-Jung Lee, UW/APL, Axial
- Fernanda Henderikx Freitas, OSU, Endurance
- Clare Reimers, OSU, Endurance
- Mei Sato, OSU, Endurance
- Veronica Tamsitt, UCSD/SIO, Southern Ocean
- Femke de Jong, NIOZ, Irminger
- Hilary Palevsky, WHOI, Irminger
- Glen Gawarkiewicz, WHOI, Pioneer
- Gordan Zhang, WHOI, Pioneer
- Ke Chen, WHOI, Pioneer
- Robert Todd, WHOI, Pioneer
- Robert Vaillancourt, Millersville, Education, and Pioneer
- Cheryl Greengrove, UW/Tacoma, Educational
Slide Format: To insure that all presentations can be accommodated in the time allocated, all slides will be compiled into one slide deck in the established order of presentations. A Town Hall organizer will advance the slides. The requested slide format is:
- Each presenter is asked to provide one slide that can be presented in one minute.
- Please include the following information on the slide: your name, affiliation, and email address. This will allow community members to contact you after the Town Hall.
- The preferred slide format is PowerPoint. PDF slides can be accepted, but they will be converted to a PowerPoint slide so that it can be included in the deck.
- Slide Size – The preferred PPT size format is 4:3 (10” x 7.5”)
- The slide deck will be posted on the OOIFB website following the Town Hall.
- Slides are requested by Wednesday, February 7th and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Examples of previous lightning talks on OOI are at:
Information on the Town Hall is at http://ooifb.org/events/ooifb-town-hall-at-ocean-sciences-2018/.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions.